Friday 9 November 2007

Beeda guru pataki!!!

There was a time when I used to zealously gaurd my share of crackers, ration them, burn the best of them on third day night. Then in a Diwali 12 years back, my dad gave me an option to have the money instead of crackers, whatever came on me, that day onwards I never burned crackers. Now looking back, I never ever repented the decision, it was just like a switch was turned off. Well the reason I boring you with story is that, if another few hundred of bangaloreans had this switch turned off in them, Benagaluru would have been a much cleaner and safer place. If you ride a two wheeler, you are always dodging bombs on Diwali day, if you want to relax of the holidays, you can be assured of insomnia and if you are a member of Avian population, you are in for the most frightning phase in your life. Air pollution adds to the tremendous amount of shivakasi scrap adorning the Bengaluru roads, try going for a walk on a Deepavali weekend, you would feel you are better off walking in volcanic crater.
Well there is no reason not to ban public fireworks, govt can organise Fireorks show like in the rest of the world, this would go a long way in improving the quality of life.

Yeah, a dumb blog!! Wanted to vent the frustation.

1 comment:

Suma Udupa said...

Yup, through the diwali lights are spectacular, it is difficult to breathe those three days. May be increased population also has added to suffocation. Hope people stop spending too much of money on fireworks, though I would say banning completely wud bring down the spirits of celebrating festivals...