Sunday 18 February 2007

Cricket craze or haze

Why does this happen to me & probably half the country..
I have loads of to-do tasks listed on the precious saturday even though I know there is a cricket match. Srilanka bat first, I watch the match on and off alternating between my other taks, then the guys in blue come on to bat.. there is no question of other tasks, Period!!
Its pure Nirvana when the our team is on a roll, Shewag was again coming good.. Robin Uttappa, new kid from Karnataka was smashing the ball all over the place.. me and my dad hoping from deepest our heart this guy does it good.. cheering with all our might when he gets his fifty.. this guy shows no signs of slowing down, god he is trying to hit all the balls.. we start advising this guy sitting in front of TV set.. "slow down mate".. then the inevitable strikes.. he gets caught...
then three quick wickets .. Indians were in a soup.. Ganguly and Yuvi steadied the ship.. once they settled.. we got to see raw power of these south paws.. Yuvi in form is out fo the world.. he just stands and delivers.. his sixes seem effort less... awesome show..
well, ofcourse we won the game.. I ofcourse didnt attend 3/4th of my to-do tasks.. spent rest of the saturday convincing my wife why I wasnt able to pick her up from office.. cricket is not as important as her.. but still a match can completely leave me in haze, etc, etc

chao, more later!

N

1 comment:

Suma Udupa said...

Everybody in world is crazy of something... It happens ... :)